Hi Bettina
Can you send me your latest email address.
thanks
Clare

On 10 Jan 2009, at 11:38, Bettina Reiber wrote:

Dear all,

I'm looking for an artist who is interested in working with me on the following project: The Journey of Drawing.

The working process is this: One artist (you or I) makes a drawing and posts it to the other. The other artist will in some eclectic way make a drawing in response to the first, send his/her response and the trigger drawing to the initial maker, who will in turn respond  and so forth. The drawings each artist makes will end up back in his or her hands, so that the ownership stays with the maker.

The aim is to allow our working practices to be affected and stretched by receiving and engaging with the unexpected. The surprise and delight opens up a space for intuition. By exchanging drawings and allowing them to affect our practice we participate in a dialogue on drawing in a purely visual and open ended way.

I have not expectation as to what your drawings would look like, whether they would be figurative or abstract, what materials, formats you'd use etc. What is essential is that you love drawing and that you are willing to allow experimentation, responsiveness and intuition to enter into your process.

Whether this would eventually lead to an exhibition or not would be a matter for the future - at this stage I am focused on the process and exchange and do not want to think about outputs/outcomes/CVs etc.

If you are interested please send me some images of your drawings or other art works, a note on who you are, what your interest in drawing is and why you would like to take part in The Journey of Drawing. I will in turn send you images of my work and we can get started.

Some basic background info: I'm a London based artist with a strong interest in philosophy and aesthetics and I teach at Central St. Martins College of Art and Design.

Best wishes,

Bettina Reiber

Clare Smith
Joanna Jones