-----Original Message-----
From: "Cullen, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Dec 30, 2008 12:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

Adding the independent sounds interesting.  It would accord well with the concept of flexible learning as I see it.  I think a new title should indicate a broader field where where students become more engaged through taking a greater say in what and how they study (within the parameters of the discipline) - and greater responsibility for their own learning - on campus as well as off-campus.  So I prefer flexible to independent, which leads to Flexible and Independent Learning (with any extra words to indicate its inclusiveness).

Peter