Hello,

I am looking for other institutions to share experiences of organising
separate and/or individual exam rooms for disabled/SpLD students.

We have immense pressure on our rooms across campus. Our schools
organise individual rooms for those with scribes or who need individual
invigilation (due to rest breaks), but are not responding well to being
asked to provide a room separate to the main exam hall for those with
extra time (but who do not need an individual room).

My question is: is it acceptable to have those with extra time in the
main exam hall? I am concerned about the effect on concentration of a
mass exodus at the end of the non extended exam.

Advice please!

Thanks
Erin Jackson

Disability Adviser