From: General DCMI discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jon Phipps
Sent: Monday, 5 January 2009 11:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: DC metadata in docs as part of HTML

One of the most compelling consumers of RDFa, and as good a reason as any to deploy it, is Yahoo Search...
http://developer.yahoo.net/blog/archives/2008/09/searchmonkey_su.html

It's on track to be deployed in Drupal 7...
http://groups.drupal.org/node/16597

There's a growing selection of tools for both deployment and consumption too...
http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tools

--Jon

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

	On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Mikael Nilsson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
	> Liddy,
	>
	> I agree about the usefulness of RDFa! It's a new spec, so we're still
	> waiting for publishing tools etc to implement it.

	It seems that beyond creation tools there need to be tools that make
	use of RDFa when it is coded in a page. With a thought to human
	nature, people will want a 'bang for the buck' -- are there any plans
	for web apps that will use these? Even a small demonstration set could
	be convincing, like adding some RDFa coded documents to one of the
	semantic web demos.

	I think what really killed off the meta tags was that there weren't
	web applications that used them -- so people didn't see any gain from
	the effort to code them.

	kc

	--
	--  ---