First - Happy and Safe New Year to everyone.

I am wondering how many people have been using RDF/A to put their
metadata into the docs so that instead of just identifying something
as a heading, for example, it can be identified as the title (or
dc:title) and another bit of text as the author's name (dc:creator)
and affiliation and a particular link as a reference to the source
documents, etc?

This is so much smarter than trying to bung stuff into a meta tag, it
seems to me - see http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-rdfa-primer/

Problem, as I see it, is that this is a technique for those using
XHTML and most people are using HTML, and it is not part of valid
HTML. I am wondering if there is interest in this problem - if people
want to use RDF/A, surely it should be included in the new versions of
HTML? (HTML 5 is being developed right now.)

I would like it a lot because it would also make it much easier for
people to do really significant and helpful things about
accessibility, tagging content for what it offers and helping people
find alternatives to content components that they cannot use...

Liddy