-----Original Message-----
From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tim Turner
Sent: 23 January 2009 10:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Fw: Considering a career in PDP

Hello

I got a job at the Information Commissioner's Office working in policy.
Before that, I had relevant(ish) experience in library and archive work,
but nothing in Data Protection or FOI (which wasn't in force when I
started). Most people I know who work on FOI or DP came into via the
same route as me, or they were already doing a job in a big council or
similar organisation, and didn't move fast enough when management
realised somebody needed to take responsibility for it. I still don't
meet that many people who made an active, conscious decision to work in
Data Protection (I did, and haven't regretted it).

Cheers

Tim Turner
Wigan Council