Dear colleagues and friends,

In the hope that it might be of interest to you, please find below details of the University of Sussex Centre for Cultural Studies and Brighton and Sussex Sexualities Network co-hosted one-day conference on 'Queer Spiritualities', Friday 13th March 2009 at the University of Sussex.

I would be very grateful if you could circulate the information to any of your colleagues or students you think might be interested. All are welcome. The conference fee is £10 and includes lunch and refreshments.

For further details and to register please contact Olu Jenzen: [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,

Olu

--

Olu Jenzen

English Department

Arts A13

University of Sussex

Sussex Centre for Cultural Studies [SCCS] &

 Brighton and Sussex Sexualities Network [BSSN] one-day conference:

Queer Spiritualities

13th March 2009

University of Sussex, EDB 121

Programme

9.30-10.00       COFFEES AND REGISTRATION

10.00-12.30      THE QUEER SPIRITUAL SPACES RESEARCH PROJECT:

·         Prof Sally R. Munt 'Queer Quakers'

·         Dr Kath Browne 'Dyke Spiritualities at Michigan Womyn's Music Festival'

·         Dr Liz Dinnie '"Sex and the Spirit": Sexual Identity amongst New Agers'

·         Patrick James 'Queer Spiritual Spaces - Online'

·         Dr Amna Khalid 'Queer Muslims'

·         Dr Sharon Smith 'How Queer is Buddhism?'

·         Dr Heather White 'Finding Queer Seekers Online (and other accidental discoveries in the quest for the "non-aligned spiritually curious")'

12.30-1.30       LUNCH (EDB 3rd floor)

1.30-3.10        KEYNOTE SPEAKERS

·         Dr Andrew Yip (Nottingham)

'Researching Sexualities and Spiritualities: Some Critical Reflections'

·         Prof Stephen Hunt (University of the West of England)

'The Secular Rhetoric and Strategies of the Christian Anti-Gay Lobby'

3.10-3.40        COFFEE BREAK (EDB 3rd floor)

3.40-4.30        KEYNOTE SPEAKERS

·         Dr Robert Vanderbeck (Leeds)

'Global Anglicanism and the Sexuality Debates'

4.30-5.00        CONCLUDING DISCUSSION

5.00             WINE RECEPTION (EDB 3rd floor)