Apologies for cross posting...

I am sure this will be of interest to list members. A flat has been
found in Leipzig which has been untouched since 1988. The BBC quotes the
developer as saying "When we opened the door we felt like Howard Carter
when he found the grave of Tutankhamun".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7857256.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4378453/Untouche
d-East-German-flat-discovered.html

See also in German (with numerous photos)

http://www.faz.net/s/RubEC1ACFE1EE274C81BCD3621EF555C83C/Doc~E22FD94725C
3448A182889BEE472F8E73~ATpl~Ecommon~Sspezial.html

All the best

Paul

Paul Belford BSc MA FSA MIfA
Head of Archaeology and Monuments