Yes apparently he carried Saul ALinsky's Rules for Radicals around with
him - or used to when he was a community organiser.  Community organising
in North America is I think one of the roots of CP there.  However, while
ALinsky is great and I think Obama probably is someone of considerable
integrity we do have to recognise that it is systemic power interests that
will determine the shape of US policy.  These are shifting in unredictable
ways - the emphasis on climate change for example indicates that
capitalism is having to adapt if it is to survive.   But let's see.  Good
that the military kangaroo courts at Guantánamo will end.  Now get the
yanquis out of Cuba altogether!