I like BioEdit too. It is PC based, downloadable, and very easy to use. It
allows copy-paste of a word or text file, and does alignment, translation,
back translation, etc, and more. Fabulous program.

I also use Lasergene which has the long standing DNA Star, Megalign, but you
have to buy a license. It also requires changing format of files to text and
saving with a specific suffix such as .seq which is inconvenient. You cannot
copy and paste, and when you see a good alignment, you cannot copy and paste
out either.

Yong-Fu Li