This is an interesting case but your description lacked the diffraction part.
Assuming no Heavy Atom sites in the native structure.   Based on your
description, another possibility may be Lattice Translocation.
-----------------
Ref:   J. Wang, S. Kamtekar, A. J. Berman and T. A. Steitz.  Correction of
X-ray intensities from single crystals containing lattice-translocation
defects. Acta Cryst. (2005). D61, 67-74.
-----------------

By the way, indexing with orthorhombic cell (137.1Å, 83.3Å, 169.8Å) should
gain a large penalty since the new beta angle has a >5 degree tolerance
from right angle, derived from your P21 cell constants (a, c and beta
angle) (if they were well determined), implying this may not be the case.

Good luck!

Lijun Liu, PhD
Institute of Molecular Biology
HHMI & Department of Physics