Hi,

Sorry for posting a non CCP4 query.

I am wondering about liquid-liquid phase separation in crystallization outcomes. So far I gain my knowledge about it that it is due to microgravity. It makes the protein to concentrate at a certain place. However phase separation may or may not yield crystal though it is far concentrated region of protein. From my experience the phase separation may dry out, yield crystal or yield amorphous precipitation. In phase diagram of protein it reside at the periphery of the precipitation zone and occur due to both high concentration of protein and high concentration of crystallization agent.

What else I presume about its formation is lack of nucleation and may be due to conformationally impure status.

I will be highly benefited with your valuable replies.