One good thing about his technique is that if you want to solve structure of this protein using electron crystallography, then you ll never have problem with figure out how to make it to stick to your grid which is one of the major problem many 2D people have encountered including me :P.

Hope that helps,
Puey

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:24 AM, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. Here is more info: It is a soluble protein, a monomer has 3alpha and 3 beta subunits, and exists in solution as a dimer. The technique is
hanging drop, vapor diffusion.  And the  mother liquor is ~ 0.1 mM cacodylate pH 6.2ish, MgCl2 and PEG 20k.

=v=

-----Original Message-----
From: Puey Ounjai <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 3:56 pm
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] 2D

Hello,
The information you provided to us here is not enough. there are so many
parameters and
so many means to optimize 2D crystal. All of which depends on what kind of
protein you
are working on (membrane associated or soluble) and what kind of technique that
you use
to grow your crystal (lipid monolayer, dialysis or else).

I guess unless you give us more info about your crystal otherwise it will be
quite difficult
for us to help you optimize your condition.

Sincerely,
Puey