> Also I did a 'Google vote' for the two terms.  'Structure amplitude' has
> 11300 hits.  'Structure factor amplitude' has only 4750.  So all round I
> would say that 'structure amplitude' wins by a considerable margin.

Results of another Google vote:

"Earth is flat":
		55,100,000 hits
"Earth is round":
		53,600,000 hits

Take that, Galileo, Columbus and Magellan!*

Of course, this post of mine is utterly irrelevant, just like all my
other posts.  Just emphasizing that majority is not always right.

*The vote is close enough to trigger an automatic recount, but Vatican
has already declared victory and called on its opponents to concede so
that the healing process may begin.

--
Edwin Pozharski, PhD, Assistant Professor
University of Maryland, Baltimore