Look into the 0.5 sq. m Millipore Pellicon ultrafiltration/
microfiltration devices (http://www.millipore.com/catalogue/module/
c558).  They are moderately expensive, but the membranes are robust,
reusable and allow fast concentration steps.  We have regularly used
them to concentrate cells (microfiltration mode) and/or media
(ultrafiltration mode) from 16 L insect cell cultures to volumes of
500 mL in ~1 hr.  Given the speed, you could use it for buffer exchange.

Michael

R. Michael Garavito, Ph.D.
Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
513 Biochemistry Bldg.
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1319
Office:  (517) 355-9724     Lab:  (517) 353-9125
FAX:  (517) 353-9334        Email:  [log in to unmask]