Thank you Fei for your input.  Your response inspired me and I found the
error I was making (a poorly truncated PDB file).

However I have another question regarding BALBES for the brains out there.

As I mentioned before, I have a two protein complex with a nice homology
model for Protein 1 and the structure of Protein 2 is known (we're using
only one domain of Protein 2 in our complex).
Balbes finds  a solution using the homology model of Protein 1 as an input
(Rfree ~ .40) , but it stops there.  I was under the impression that the
program would then go ahead and try to fit Protein 2 using this newly found
solution.  It doesn't find a solution when using just the known structure of
Protein 2 as a model.   Is there a way to accomplish this?

Sincerely,
Jesse