From: Canon Albert Radcliffe.

The Tenth Manchester Cathedral Interfaith Religious Poetry Competition, 2008.

I hope this isn't an unwelcome intrusion but I'm keen to advertise the competition as widely as possible.

Last year's was a great success with over 300 people sending in over 700 poems, many of which were from abroad.  Our winner was a Buddhist and other winners and runners-up included, Christians, Jews and others, thus confirming the competition's Interfaith status.  I am file attaching an Entry Form in the hope that you will feel able to enter again and perhaps encourage others to do the same.

Because the subjective element in judging all works of art is high, in the interests of variety and fairness we have a different judge each year.  In 2008 we are fortunate in having as our judge, Linda Chase, an American living in Manchester where she lectures on poetry on the MA writing course and who established the Poetry School here in 2004.  Her published collections include The Wedding Spy, 2001, and Extended Families, 2006.

As we are aiming for as wide a distribution of Entry Forms as possible please feel free to photocopy the enclosed form and pass copies on to friends.  The colour of the paper is not important!

Copies of the booklet of last year's winning entries and runners-up are available.  If you would like a copy, please send a cheque for £2.50 for each booklet made out to 'Manchester Cathedral.'

Good luck!

With all good wishes,

Sincerely,

Albert Radcliffe