Hi Peter,

In Dundee Teacher Education courses we tend to use personal 'Blogs' for this kind of thing, whereas we use the Wikis as collaborative learning tools where students are put into groups and collaboratively, they build a multi  media learning resource inside the group Wiki.
All group members have authoring rights.

Only the one person who has ownership of a personal blog can author that Blog.

Joe

>>> Peter Gilmartin <[log in to unmask]> 30/01/2009 12:40 >>>
Mike,

We're doing much the same as you with the LO wiki tool, where some courses
are using it for students to do their learning plan online.  Others are using it as
a type of e-portfolio where students upload material to their own wiki and
staff can post comments and feedback.

Like you, the wiki is set as private to the individual student so they only see
their own, but staff of course have access to all.  The export feature is useful
either for archiving the work or in some cases allowing students to take it to
another institution or employer to show what they have done.

Peter Gilmartin

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096