Matt

Texthelp is probably one of the TTS resources best known to colleges in this neck of the woods Matt.

You could try Claro Read,   a commercial resource.  I’m sure you could get your hands on a trial or demo version to try it out with your student.

http://www.bdastore.org.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=185

Other free options include:

SpokenText which is free and audio formats can be created from MS Word, PDF, RSS feeds, email and WWW.  For 25 Canadian Dollars you can buy a license for SpokenText Plus which has more features.

http://www.spokentext.net/

I’ve attached a handout which my colleague Craig Mill compiled which highlights other free text to speech online resources.

Margaret McKay

eAdvisor Access & Inclusion

JISC RSC Scotland South & West

University of Glasgow