-----Original Message-----
From: A discussion list for Assistive Technology professionals.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Nisbet
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 5:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: tablet PC recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good Tablet PC?

It's for a pupil with a spinal injury who uses a chin joystick very
effectively. He has a 15" laptop mounted on a trolley which works well when
he's static but we want a smaller, lighter, wheelchair-mounted option - the
screen needs mounted high up and if we used the laptop he wouldn't see
anything else. I was thinking a tablet PC would be ideal. He would be using
it for games, writing, internet and maybe ECS.

Any thoughts folks?

Paul

Paul D. Nisbet

Senior Research Fellow

Communication, Access, Literacy and Learning (CALL) Scotland

Moray House School of Education

University of Edinburgh

Paterson's Land, Holyrood Road

Edinburgh EH8 8AQ

Tel. 0131 651 6236     Fax 0131 651 6234

email [log in to unmask]

CALL Scotland:    http://www.callscotland.org.uk

SQA Digital Exam Papers: http://www.AdaptedDigitalExams.org.uk
<http://www.adapteddigitalexams.org.uk/>

The Scottish Computer Voice: http://www.theScottishVoice.org.uk
<http://www.thescottishvoice.org.uk/>

Books for All:    http://www.booksforall.org.uk
<http://www.booksforall.org.uk/>

Books for All blog: http://pauln.edublogs.org/

WordTalk reader for Word: http://www.wordtalk.org.uk
<http://www.wordtalk.org.uk/>

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336.

This  message  may  contain  confidential and  privileged  information.
If you  are not the  intended recipient  you should not  disclose, copy
or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance
on its contents.  To do so is strictly  prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please  inform  the  sender that  this  message has  gone astray before
deleting it.  Thank you.

2008 marks the 60th anniversary of the NHS.  It's an opportunity to pay
tribute to the NHS staff and volunteers who help shape the service, and
celebrate their achievements.

If you work for the NHS  and  would like  an NHSmail  email account, go
to: www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail