Apologies for cross-posting

WEDGWOOD MUSEUM OPEN AS NORMAL

We are all saddened by the news that Administrators have been appointed in
respect of certain companies of the Waterford Wedgwood Group.

However, the new Wedgwood Museum at Barlaston, Stoke-on-Trent, remains
fully operational and open to the public as normal.

The Museum, an independent Charitable Trust, maintains Britain’s designated
collection of Wedgwood artifacts and fine art.  The new Museum includes
many of the Trust’s 8,000 strong historic ceramics collection, more than
75,000 manuscripts and items of correspondence, plus a fine art collection
including works by Stubbs and Reynolds, dating from the 18th century to
present day.  The new £10.5 million Museum was supported by the Heritage
Lottery Fund, Advantage West Midlands and many other funders.

To visit the Museum, please see the website www.wedgwoodmuseum.org.uk
or contact 01782 371900.

Opening times:

Weekdays 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Weekends 10. a.m. – 5 p.m.

Prices:

Adult				£6.00
Concession			£5.00
Group Adult			£5.00
Group Concession			£4.50

Notes:  The Wedgwood Museum was officially opened in October 2008 by TV
celebrity Hilary Kay.

The Heritage Lottery Fund:

The HLF enables communities to celebrate, look after and learn more about
our diverse heritage.  From our great museums and historic buildings to local
parks and beauty spots or recording and celebrating traditions, customs and
history, HLF grants open up our nation’s heritage for everyone to enjoy.  It
has supported more than 26,000 projects, allocating over £4 billion across the
UK.  www.hlf.org.uk.

George Stonier					Gaye Blake Roberts
Chairman						Director
Wedgwood Museum Trust