*        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.                *

Dear Colleagues at Anthropology Matters:
We would like to request that you post our 2009 announcement for our =
Ethnographic Field School in Peru, please. Feel free to contact us with =
any specific questions you may have with regard to our programs.
Regards from Peru,
Patricia J. Hammer, Ph.D., Director
www.socialwellbeing.org
See our announcement below:
Action Research in the Andes 2009
The Center for Social Well Being is now in its 8th year offering our 3 =
week training program with courses in ethnographic field methods and =
languages (Spanish and Quechua) in the Peruvian Andes.  Students will be =
housed at the center's rural base, an adobe lodge on an ecological ranch =
in the Cordillera Blanca mountain range of the Callej=F3n de Huaylas, 7 =
hours northeast of Lima. Coursework provides in-depth orientation to =
theory and practice in anthropological investigation that emphasizes =
methods in Participatory Action Research and Andean Ethnography centered =
on themes of Health, Ecology, Biodiversity and Community Organization. =
Students will have the opportunity to actively engage in ongoing =
investigations in local agricultural communities to develop effective =
field research techniques, and to acquire language skills. In addition, =
the program provides excursions to museums, archaeological sites, =
glacial lakes and hotsprings; optional recreational activities include =
hiking, mountain biking, rafting, kayaking, rock climbing and trekking.=20

Total cost is $2,700 US dollars. This includes all in-country travel, =
food and accommodations at the rural center, and course materials. The =
program is under the direction of Applied Medical Anthropologist, =
Patricia J. Hammer, Ph.D., and Ecologist, Flor de Mar=EDa Barreto Tosi.=20

Program dates: June 4th through June 24th

Please contact us for information about other potential programs for =
2009.

=20

For an application contact: [log in to unmask]

Or click on: http://www.socialwellbeing.org/FieldSchool2003-3.htm

Further information available at www.socialwellbeing.org

Deadline: March 31st, 2009=20