Sorry for the delay in posting this summary - I have been busy
advertising and shortlisting for an analytical job!  Thanks for everyone
who replied for your useful and helpful comments.

Here is a summary of all suggestions I received.  I did not use all of
the places listed below, and am not advocating or advertising any of
them, merely collating information.

Jiscmail lists:

HSUG

All-stat

Public health

Public health information

Radstats

Health Libraries Group

GSS - vacancies section of Statnet (if a government linked post)

- their temporary statistical officer list

(the second of these suggestions didn't seem to work)

DH statisticians

IC statisticians

(I failed to find a contact for advertising around the IC)

Subject related journals

RSS - news and notes

- medical stats group

- website

University careers services

University stats departments

(less success with stats departments than careers services)

Local organisations:

WMRA

WMPHO

WMRO

HPA West Midlands

WM PH information group

University of Birmingham MPH students (based in our building)

Local papers

Maths.jobs.com (90 UKP for non academic organisations)

Jobs.ac.uk (185 UKP for non academic organisations)

Recruitment agencies

datatech; hobson prior; sec recruitment

PSI (the Association of Statisticians in the Pharmaceutical Industry)

Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP)
website

The Guardian

New Scientist

Thanks again for all the help from everyone!

Sally Vernon

Deputy Director of Cancer Registration

West Midlands Cancer Intelligence Unit

Public Health Building

University of Birmingham

Birmingham

B15 2TT

Phone                0121 41 58128

Email                 [log in to unmask]

Website:           http://www.wmpho.org.uk/wmciu/
<http://www.wmpho.org.uk/wmciu/>

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.