John,

We have tried all the usual i.e. Focus groups, On line Surveys e-mail
consultation etc.

The best response we've had so far to any consultation was for our
Gender Equality Scheme where we used a good old fashioned Clip Board
Survey. We hired several students gave them a quota of interviewees I
think it was 20 people who looked like staff 20 people who looked like
students. We asked them to try to get a balance of Home, International,
White, BME, Male, Female. They then approached people as in a market
survey on the High Street. I think the people who did it kept it very
short and specific but we got the number of responses we sought.

Our Policy and guidelines for dealing with harassment are at:

 http://www.essex.ac.uk/academic/docs/regs/harassment.shtm

Best wishes,

Syd.

Syd Kent mailto:[log in to unmask]