Hi

I've had about 20 people send there stuff in for the AAHPN directory so
far. Before I put this together, does anyone else want to send their
info in? I guess I'll update this about once a year, so this'll be your
last chance for a while.

Incidentally, the following may be of interest:

SCHIP: House Expected To Pass Reauthorization Bill Wednesday
The House on Wednesday is expected to pass legislation (HR 2)
reauthorizing and expanding SCHIP to cover an additional 4.1 million
children, the Washington Post
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/13/AR20090
11302790.html?hpid=moreheadlines>  reports. The measure, which will cost
an estimated $33 billion, would extend the program for four-and-one-half
years and add to the about seven million children already enrolled. The
package, similar to one vetoed by President Bush in 2007, would be
funded by a 61-cent-per-pack increase in the federal tobacco tax
(Murray/Connolly, Washington Post, 1/14). SCHIP's current authorization
expires March 31 (Young [1], The Hill
<http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/house-democrats-introduce-schip-bil
l-2009-01-13.html> , 1/13). The House bill also would allow states to
waive the federally mandated five-year waiting period on public benefits
for documented immigrants in the case of children and pregnant women
(Edney, CongressDaily, 1/13). Supporters of the provision say about
400,000 to 600,000 children would be added to SCHIP if all states choose
to cover children of documented immigrants and pregnant documented
immigrants (Freking, AP/Austin American-Statesman
<http://www.statesman.com/search/content/shared-gen/ap/US_Congress/Child
rens_Health_Insurance.html> , 1/14).
Senate Bill
A Senate version of the bill is scheduled for mark up by the Senate
Finance Committee <http://finance.senate.gov/>  on Thursday, according
to the Post (Washington Post, 1/14). The Senate bill is valued at $31.5
billion and also would reauthorize the program for four-and-one-half
years. The Senate version would allow about 3.9 million additional
children to join the program, according to a statement from committee
chair Max Baucus (D-Mont.). The Senate version does not include the
provision to waive the five-year waiting period for documented
immigrants because "the policy was not included in the bipartisan
agreements in 2007" on SCHIP, according to Baucus. Senate Majority Whip
Richard Durbin (D-Ill.) said that the waiting period provision was
"controversial" and that it is "the major concern and I think now the
major debating point" between the House and Senate (Armstrong [1], CQ
Today, 1/13). Baucus in a statement said that he "looks forward to an
opportunity to support" the waiver as the bill "moves toward final
approval" (O'Connor, The Politico
<http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/17415.html> , 1/13). The
Senate will take up the measure after a vote on a wage discrimination
bill that could occur "as early as this week," CQ Today reports
(Armstrong [2], CQ Today, 1/13).