From: Anglo-American Health Policy Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Adam Oliver
Sent: 22 December 2008 19:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Reform

Fyi, although can someone tell me what 'major reform' is? I have no idea -
good job no-one rings me to ask these types of questions. I suspect for most
people it means "I want cheaper health care coverage for me, now", or "I
want the Government to do obviously good things so long as I don't have to
pay for it.". But perhaps I'm being too cynical.

OBAMA: Majority Supports Major Reforms to Health Care System

A majority of U.S. adults believe that President-elect Barack Obama should
make major reforms to the health care system, according to a recent
Washington Post-ABC News Poll, the Post
<https://exchange.lse.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.washingtonp
ost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/20/AR2008122001498.html>  reports
(Cohen/Agiesta, Washington Post, 12/21). The poll, conducted by telephone
between Dec. 11 and Dec. 14, included responses from a random sample of
1,003 adults. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus three
percentage points. Seventy-seven percent of adults believe that Obama should
make major reforms to the health care system, compared with 20% who believe
that he should not, the poll found. According to the poll, among adults who
believe that Obama should make major reforms to the health care system, 51%
believe that he should seek to make such changes immediately after he takes
office, and 26% believe that he should wait until later in his presidency.
Sixty-eight percent of adults believe that Obama will have the ability to
make major reforms to the health care system, compared with 28% who believe
that he will not have the ability, the poll found. Almost three-fourths of
adults believe that Obama should increase federal funds for health insurance
for children, compared with 23% who believe that he should not, according to
the poll. Among adults who believe that Obama should increase federal funds
for health insurance for children, half believe that he should address the
issue immediately, compared with 24% who believe that he should wait,
according to the poll. In addition, 52% percent of adults believe that Obama
should increase federal funds for embryonic stem cell research, compared
with 42% who believe that he should not, the poll found (Washington Post
graphic
<https://exchange.lse.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.washingtonp
ost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/12/21/ST2008122100258.html> , 12/21).

Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic
communications disclaimer:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/secretariat/legal/disclaimer.htm