Hallo Zooarchers,
I was hoping some may know of any sources that discuss domestic stock meat/fat loss under the management of migratory or nomadic pastoralists.  I have historical accounts discussing the weight loss observed on sheep when they are driven to the cities and whatnot.  Most information in agricultural texts and other observations I have found do not treat this topic in a scientific manner, more like "animals lose weight when they exercise" kind of information.  I was hoping someone may have knowledge of a study on how this lifestyle forces the animals to expend energy for walking instead of size growth or meat/fat development.

Thank you,

Adam Heinrich
Rutgers University

"Old crow of wisdom did say
...people of Asa land, it's only just begun..."
Bathory

http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/127032869/direct/01/