As many requests are made to members of the Zooarch Listserv and only a
fraction of people reply-all so that their contribution makes it to the
list recipients, could I suggest that particularly those who have
requested bibliographic information take the time to collate that
information and post it on the Listserv. I have just done that vis-a-vis
my request for information on cattle (Bos) exploitation patterns and
hope that others will follow suit. This will make the Listserv and its
archives a really valuable research tool, even greater than it currently
is. It could also cut down on the number of inbox messages that listserv
members receive if people who reply to requests feel confident that, by
replying only to the requester, their contribution still eventually will
be made available to the whole list membership.
Thanks,
Richard Meadow