I would whole heartedly agree with this Brian. There is a checkbox
mentality within many organisations which is less about helping those
with accessibility needs and more about covering ones 'collective ass'.

Quotes like the one you included below are about 'living to the letter
of the law' rather than 'living by the spirit of the law'. This does
nobody any good and its great that the loophole has been closed.

I accept that WCAG 2 brings some ambiguity which is uncomfortable for
organisations that have to be safe from a legal standpoint. However,
this belief that one day they are suddenly going to get sued is naive.
People only resort to litigation as a last resort. If you respond to
complaints in a timely manner things will never get that far.

Anyway that is my two pence worth. Apologises for the near rant.

Thanks,
Paul