Graham

When I was at Oaklands in the early days of getting buy in to the VLE we deliberately created a service to support this – which required some initial support from the eLearning and technology Support team to get administrators really comfortable with putting the finished product on the VLE (or more accurately teaching them to use the VLE competently to do that). We created a specific administration position to support this which was very effective in training up the administrators quickly. The only down side to this was that it encouraged some teaching staff not to engage with the VLE at all (preferring to leave it to the administrator) but to be fair it had more of an upside in that many more teachers did engage because it gave them the time to concentrate on the pedagogic aspects rather than getting bogged down with lots of administrative tasks. I suppose the lesson learned here is that when doing this one needs to guard against the service being abused (however you might define that).

We deliberately did not go down a technological route (ie handwriting recognition) because we wanted to get staff to concentrate on the core requirements not get distracted by yet more technology (which for some would have been an even bigger ‘turn off’).

Hope that helps

Regards

Richard

Richard Everett

Consultancy Services

Intelligent Builders Ltd

The Old Coach House

r/o 9 High Street

Old Town

Stevenage

SG1 3BG

p. 01438 215 447

m. 07766 611 826

e. [log in to unmask]

w. www.intelligentbuilders.co.uk

intelligentBuilders ... putting the customer in control