Dear All,
           Please see call for papers for Sociology Special Issue
'Sexualities' (attached and below).

Best,

Yvette

Sociology Special Issue 2010

Call for Papers

Sexualities

Over the last 40 years there have been enormous transformations in the
theorisation of sexuality, which have had significant implications not
just for how we think about sexuality, but also for social and cultural
theory more broadly. Sexuality is now central to much groundbreaking
work by sociologists, and to contemporary public interest and policy
making. This Special Issue considers the innovative contribution
sociology has made to understandings of sexuality in the past, and to
consider new directions for contemporary times.

An important challenge for future work is to elaborate frameworks that
allow more complex analyses of the relationship between sexuality and
its intersections with other theoretical traditions, social theory,
social structures and broader social inequalities.  This is the focus of
this Special Issue. Key questions to be explored include: How does
sexuality intertwine with other social divisions? What do different
methodological and theoretical uses of intersectionality contribute to
our understandings of sexualities? In our attempt to offer critical
insights to these and related questions, we are casting a wide
conceptual net in the consideration of sexuality in its broadest sense.

This Special Issue aims to theorise and develop new understandings of
sexuality and intersectionality. In an attempt to critically examine the
significance of theorising intersectionality in addressing contemporary
sexualities, we aim to bring together a variety of contributions: from
sociology and related disciplines, from different theoretical and
methodological traditions (including quantitative and mixed methods, as
well as qualitative), from contributors at different career stages, from
those outside of the academy and from those based outside as well as in
the UK.

Potential Contributions might include:

*	Sexuality and intersectionality- key ideas and theoretical
traditions
*	Sexuality, 'race', ethnicity, gender, class, disability and
embodiment
*	Sexuality, place and space
*	Historical and contemporary innovations in methods and theory
*	Sexuality, age and generation
*	Comparative approaches to sexuality
*	Material realities of sexualities
*	Sexuality and social policy concerns, agendas and legislation
*	Sexuality and the media

This special issue will be edited by Mark Casey, Diane Richardson, and
Yvette Taylor (Newcastle University) and Sally Hines (University of
Leeds). We welcome articles of up to 7,000 words (including references)
and also shorter review articles, commentaries and book reviews.

Submissions will be accepted via the journal's Manuscript Central site.
Full submission instructions are available on the site on the
'Instructions and Forms page'. Please read these before submitting your
manuscript.   Deadline for final submissions: 31st July 2009. Queries to
Mark Casey: [log in to unmask]

Dr. Yvette Taylor
School of Geography, Politics and Sociology 5th Floor Claremont Bridge
Building University of Newcastle
NE1 7RU
0191-2227870
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/gps/staff/profile/yvette.taylor