Ken,

Just an additional note... Assuming that the SPM99 realigned images were not resliced (unlikely if they were intended for a group study), then you can simply delete the *.mat files to remove the effects of the realignment step.  Then you can proceed to realign the images (as well as the rest of the processing) in SPM5.

Best of luck.

Doug

==============Original message text===============