Dear all,
I seek your advice regarding the choice of the best connectivity method to address a specific question.
We have 45 subjects and 3 ROIs : A, B, and C.
We first computed a physiological interaction between A and B and found that C was 'activated' by a negative interaction between A and B.
According to the literature, there is no anatomical connection between A and B but there is connection between A and C as well as between B and C.
We have therefore put forward two possible interpretations :
1) Activity in A decreases functional connectivity between B and C
or 2) Activity in B decreases functional connectivity between A and C
First : Are we correct ?
Second : How can we disentangle these 2 interpretations ?
Thank you in advance !
Best,
Cédric