I'm not actually sure where the difference crept in, but one fix would be to
reslice the Template*.nii files (selecting all volumes) so that they match
your new imported images.  Use trilinear interpolation, so as not to
introduce any negative values.  This can be done using the Coregister and
reslice only option.

Best regards,
-John