Dear Xiang,

it is indeed possible to stop receiving emails automatically from the
SPM list, while still enjoying the possibility to send some.

This is the option NOMAIL in the web interface:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=spm&A=1

This can also be done by sending an email to [log in to unmask]
with the one line message SET SPM NOMAIL
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm#set

You can also have a look to the DIGEST option, to receive all the
messages sent to the list, during a day, in one single, larger message.

Best regards,
Guillaume.

--
Guillaume Flandin, PhD