I was asked to forward this message.
Please do NOT contact me for information but follow the links below.
Thanks.

Dear colleague,

It is a pleasure to announce the new European Neurological Society Subcommittee on "Coma and Chronic Disorders of Consciousness".

Within the challenging field of neuroimaging in altered states of consciousness, the aim of this subcommittee is:

-         to serve as a place to exchange ideas, to network and to create a scientific forum

-         to promote and advance continuing education

-         to guarantee a high level of scientific standard and build evidence based medicine in our field

The areas of interest of our subcommittee encompass issues related to the study of brain function in patients who survive a severe brain injury: patients in coma, vegetative state, minimally conscious state and locked in syndrome. We welcome all scientists studying the recovery of neurological disability and of neuronal plasticity in severely brain damaged patients with altered states of consciousness by means of functional and structural MRI, positron emission tomography, electroencephalography, event related potential and magnetoencephalography.

Any ideas and suggestions for the scientific program for future ENS meetings (suggestion of themes and speakers for teaching courses, workshops and symposia) will be collated via email and during the subcommittee meetings in the 2009 ENS meeting in Milan, 20-24 June 2009 www.akm.ch/ens2009

In order to join our Subcommittee’s E-mail forum, please contact the Secretariat [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask].

We are looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you at the Milano meeting!

Sincerely yours,

Prof. Steven Laureys

Coordinator

ENS-Subcommittee Coma and Chronic Disorders of Consciousness