I like this quote - if any of you are also on a G-R (Homer, Virgil, Ovid)  reading immersion:

Reading the Iliad
is like travelling through a Country uninhabited, where the Fancy is
entertained with a thousand Savage Prospects of vast Desarts, wide
uncultivated Marshes, huge Forests, mis-shapen Rocks and Precipices. On
the contrary, the Aeneid
is like a well ordered Garden, where it is impossible to find out any
Part unadorned, or to cast our Eyes upon a single Spot, that does not
produce some beautiful Plant or Flower. But when we are in the Metamophosis, we are walking on enchanted Ground, and see nothing but Scenes of Magick lying round us.–Joseph Addison, Spectator 417 (2 June 1712)