Still remembering my poor decision not to purchase a first edition of Djuna Barnes' first
book from a Chicago bookstore in 1971 for $35 (now it would retail for $1000), I believe
there's still a small chance I may pay $6 or less for a first edition of Nightwood at a
church sale.  After all I did buy a first edition in dust jacket of one of the volumes of
Dorothy Richardson's Pilgrimage for $1 at an unitarian church bazaar pre-screened by a
relatively knowledgeable dealer.  Both authors can be overlooked.  But if you want
Nightwood in short order, competitive internet pricing based on precedent plus supply and
demand keeps the dealers in line.  On the basis of my assessment of today's price
structure and the dealers who possess the item, I'd say Robert Dagg's prices of $500 with
dust jacket and $150 without stand as the most considered and that one could be certain
of receiving the items as described.

Barry Alpert