well done Kasper!
I particularly enjoyed the image 'the black suede box of the water'.

Odd that you weren't told sooner.

That little feeling of confusion and disquiet... I can relate to that.

When I perform my poems and people praise me... it's really nice, but
there's a part of me that doesn't want to be praised, publicised... that
wants to slink into the corner and watch the room, write something else,
have another beer. Or wander off into the night. The best thing for me is
when *one* person tells me their personal response to my poetry and/or
performance.

Hmmm... there's something else there... I feel it isn't my poem, it isn't
*me* any more, once it's written. It's almost like I didn't do it and don't
deserve the praise. Like I'm just the messenger, the facilitator. Like when
as a parent you get praised for your child's accomplishments.

Maybe that makes sense to you, maybe not. I don't know.

Nevertheless... enjoy the good stuff! Nobody else writes quite like you, I
think.

Hmm maybe there will be a ceremony and you will have to read your poem and
give a speech. <g> Hope you win some money. More likely publication in a
university magazine I guess.

Janet

--
I'm looking for writing-related paid work! Performance (my poetry, yours or
someone else's); any kind of writing including technical or corporate;

Janet Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
www.proximitypoetry.com (Poetry)
www.myspace.com/poetjj (Includes occasional arts & culture blog)

The Line Mine, bulletin board for Perth poetry & spoken word:
groups.yahoo.com/group/thelinemine

Breastfeeding info & help: www.breastfeeding.asn.au