Kasper congrats -hey do you get a prize??:-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of kasper salonen
Sent: 18 December 2008 21:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: a win

Helsinki university's english dept held a poetry competition last month, and
I entered.. and it looks like I won it.
I heard it off the cuff from someone who thought I already knew, made me
wobbly for a second. I'm still pretty wobbly actually. I've never entered
let alone won a poetry contest before.
there will be information about it on the university webpage, but knowing
their techs it won't be for a while. here's a link the the poem that did it.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfr8jjpv_81cq4kcjgv&hl=en

people have been congratulating me on facebook all damn day, it makes me
feel.. I suppose grateful & flattered, but really it's just a little feeling
of confusion or disquiet. for no reason I can really pinpoint. is there some
condition known as post-victory depression? haha. I'm chuffed, anyway.

KS