> would Oxford have not been doing the right thing, I wonder,
> whenever that was...
> ?

I'd guess they pretty likely *would be using the B-text as standard.
Glasgow certainly did when I studied it in the sixties there.

But I had to read the text in an utterly foul three-column edition, of the
A, B, and C texts in parallel.

            :-(((

Things are much better now with Schmidt's Everyman ed. of the B-text, and
various possibilities of reading it conveniently on-line.

A convenient, readable and well-presented text makes things *so much easier.
And allows PP in particular to come through in a way not possible if you
have to fight gainst a crap edition to read it in the first place.

Robin