On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 17:42:22 -0800, Kenneth Wolman
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> You so would have enjoyed the Portland, OR area this week. A century
> snowstorm with ice, freezing rain, and impossible driving and even
> walking conditions. That my son and I did not kill each other is a
> testament to the solidity of a once-broken relationship, not to mention
> the fact we're both similarly deranged.  Today was good.  It's in the
> upper 40s.  I'm on some wi-fi connection in Portland airport waiting for
> a night plane home. Nevertheless I think I'd rather be in Portland, so
> long as I get a life sentence to Powell's Books.
> ken

Hi Ken and group,
I live in Portland and we have indeed had a week of it. I moved here from
northeast Ohio so I am not unaccustomed to this kind of weather but
Portland doesn't know what to do when it gets like this. I'm sorry I
didn't know you were in town. I'd have bought you a cup of Stumptown
Coffee. Lots of poetry here though and Powells, well what can be said
about Powell's? What a place for a reader or a writer! But now, as you
say, it is warmer and the snow is disappearing. We may survive this winter
yet. Thanks...rob.