My kids (12 and 10) andn their school friends still chant rhymes. Some the
same as I remember from the 70s:

Miss mary mack / all dressed in black / with silver buttons / all down her
back

A sailor went to sea sea sea / to see what he could see see see
But all that he could see see see / was the bottom of the deep blue sea sea
sea

X and Y, sitting in a tree / K.I.S.S.I.N.G.

There's a newer one that ends something like, Boys go kiss kiss Girls go
"Get a life!"

My kids and their friends are also making up their own, such as:

Happy llama sad llama big fat momma llama
drama llama karma llama <something> llama MOOSE!
(Damn, I can't quite remember it, and my daughter is not here to ask). The
actions to go with with this are quite amusing.

They change with the years, but they still seem to be circulating in the
schoolyard. Around here at least.

Janet
--
I'm looking for writing-related paid work! Performance (my poetry, yours or
someone else's); any kind of writing including technical or corporate;

Janet Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
www.proximitypoetry.com (Poetry)
www.myspace.com/poetjj (Includes occasional arts & culture blog)

The Line Mine, bulletin board for Perth poetry & spoken word:
groups.yahoo.com/group/thelinemine

Breastfeeding info & help: www.breastfeeding.asn.au