Dear All,
I¹m sending this to the list on behalf of Rob Tieben at Eindhoven Technical
University. SIDeR is a growing student conference series in Interaction
Design research.
Please circulate the call in your own networks as widely as possible.
Kind regards,
--
Ben Matthews
Associate Professor

Dear Sir, Madam,
Enclosed you can find the call for submissions for the international student
conference ŒSIDeR¹09: Flirting with the Future¹. In this conference, we
especially invite graduate and post-graduate students to experience and
discuss the future of interaction through their designs, supported by and
grounded in solid design arguments.
The focus will completely be on interaction; we attempt to revolutionise the
format of  conferences. We invite people to submit interactive systems
justified with solid design arguments and challenge them to interact and
discuss.
We would like to ask if you could distribute enclosed Œchallenge for
interaction¹ to graduate and post-graduate students, and to other parties
who might be interested in participating in this novel conference.
 In addition, we hope you could reply to this call with the postal address
of your institution, so we can send promotional materials.
Please feel free to contact us via [log in to unmask] if you have any
questions.
We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation,
Kind regards,
On behalf of the SIDeR¹09 committee,

Rob Tieben
 chairman

--------------- CHALLENGE FOR INTERACTION ------------
CHALLENGE FOR INTERACTION
SIDeR conference:
Flirting with the Future
 prototyped visions by the next generation
 The platform for students to experience, share and discuss the future of
interaction
April 15th till 17th, 2009 at Eindhoven University of Technology, the
Netherlands.
The organisation of the fifth Student Interaction Design Research (SIDeR)
conference challenges you to interact! We especially invite graduate and
post-graduate students to experience and discuss the future of interaction
through their designs, supported by and grounded in solid design arguments.
TOPICS:
Big Brother is playing your music
 The one with ambient platforms and intelligent environments
Designing the void
 The one about content, services and disappearing products
The illusion of designing interaction
 The one where interaction and its design are questioned
Designocracy or designocrazy
 The one about ethics, societal transformation and Œthe why¹
The new pencils for design
 The one with design tools and methods
Can I pick your brain?
 The one with your vision
This is your chance to share new insights and visions, in the conference
where interaction is everything.
PROGRAM
The conference program consists of a varied mix of keynote speakers,
interaction demonstrators, presentations, workshops, interactive sessions
and social events.
SUBMISSIONS
Students are invited to submit a (video) explanation of their interactive
systems, supported by and grounded in solid design arguments. Submissions
should contribute and relate to design research knowledge. Submissions
should be 2000 word max, using the Springer guidelines
<http://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/?SGWID=0-
0-45-431298-0> , before February 1st, 2009. Submission via
www.FlirtingwiththeFuture.com <http://www.FlirtingwiththeFuture.com> .
KEY DATA
Date: April 15th till 17th, 2009
 Location: Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands
 Submission Deadline: February 1st 2009
 Notification date: March 1st 2009
The conference website is located at www.FlirtingwiththeFuture.com
<http://www.FlirtingwiththeFuture.com>  and will include further practical
information about  travel, conference fee, accommodation, program and guest
speakers as the date approaches. You are welcome to contact the organisers
([log in to unmask]) for additional information.