Anne Harriss
Course Director Occupational Health Programmes
London South Bank University

On 22/12/08 20:54, "Lucy and Adrian" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

because you've got your M.Med.Sci. OH anyway!

Lucy & Adrian
01926 850707

-----Original Message-----
From:  [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of  Diane Romano-Woodward
Sent: 22 December 2008 19:01
To:  [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] migration by  portfolio " annotation"

Hello list,

This may  put the cat among the pigeons....

I have sucessfully  submitted a portfolio and I am at the stage where my name is to be put on the  third part of the register. The NMC has asked me if I want it "annotated" that  is, after SCPHN put " OH ".

I am of two minds on this . One  is it will indicate that I practice and have expertise in OH. But then again  anyone who need to know that ,(eg prospective employers )  would   have a look at my CV and figure that out fairly quickly.

Alternatively should I emphasise that I have satisifeid the NMC  that I can practices as a Public Health Nurse (omitting the OH), which seems  to be the way that the world is drifting.

Does it make any  difference at all?

Many OH jobs require that you are on the third  part of the register, which I will be, whatever I chose. Some ask for a  qualification in OH which I have, although not one recognised by the  NMC.

Anyone got any strong views? Particularly those who might  want to employ me in the future   :)

Cheers
Diane  Romano-Woodward

Take your friends with you with Mobile Messenger. Click Here! <http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000001ukm/direct/01/>  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remove this footer before  replying.

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:  http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH