Sorry Bob

Last e mail should have read ....British Poultry Council not Federation

Alison

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert Dunn
Sent: 19 December 2008 10:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Bird handlers (chickens)

Thanks Sharon,

They tend to use the dominant hand to hold the bird by the legs then use the non-dominant hand to separate the feathers and assess the breast. I’m not sure any Bernard Matthews solution would necessarily work as these birds are live (and I assume they hope to stay that way) not being plucked.

Bob

Robert Dunn TD

RGN OHNC SCPHN(OH) MSc

Senior Occupational Health Adviser

University of Oxford Occupational Health Service