From: mining-history [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Caroline Vulliamy
Sent: 30 November 2008 21:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Wheal Ida

Dear list,

Still looking for a bit more detail on Wheal Ida, which is SE of Pensilva,
Caradon, Cornwall.
Plans for a massive wind turbine 30 storeys high are to be decided any
moment now - likely to be approved, site meeting Tuesday.
The Wheal Ida workings appear to lie directly under the proposed position of
this massive structure, but are under water so no chance to prove what's
underground.

The wind turbine company said that they would 'fill them with concrete'
Unfortunately no plans or sections have come to light to show just what that
would entail, but evidently there were several working levels...quite a lot
to fill with concrete, then....
Anyone have any idea where else to look ? (I did look up Phil's recent link
for mine plans generally)

Caroline Vulliamy
Win £1000 John Lewis shopping sprees with BigSnapSearch.com
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/117442309/direct/01/=