Dear List Members,

Is it just me and my sadly increasing age, or do others notice the crass ID
errors that are creeping into mining opers./matters showing themselves on
some mining websites on mining subjects between the 1970's and 1990's - all
areas - but partic. metalliferous/non metalliferous. Such errors are NOT  helpful
to history, and this either shows lack of research or, worse, lack of  bother
of same before such is put into the public domain. I can only state  Weardale
as a prime example, where, between 1974 to 1990 I have  complete knowledge.
However, I have seen recently such things on websites that  are completely
inaccurate.

I despair at what mining history will be in future times with the on going
inaccuracies due to lack of proper research.

Would those responsible for current websites (& I will refrain from
mentioning), please ensure that accurate ID is ensured please. It spoils  otherwise
very good fieldwork.

Regards, Bernard