Actually, until 2001.  In the general Roman Calendar T.'s move occurred in the changes promulgated in 1969.  But there was a lengthy delay in issuing a new Roman Martyrology (which latter includes the feasts of the general Roman Calendar but adds a very large number of other commemorations).

Thanks for catching the slip in "22. December".

Best again,
John Dillon

On Saturday, December 20, 2008, at 6:27 pm, John Briggs wrote:

> John Dillon wrote:
> >
> > Today (22. [recte 21] December) is the feast day of:
> >
> > Medievally, today was the feast of that well known saint
> > of the Regno, St. Thomas the Apostle.  In the RM, T. is
> > now at 3. July.
>
> [Until 1969, in fact. I presumably wouldn't be forgiven for suggesting
> that
> he was moved because of doubts...]
>
> In the York Calendar, a Minor double feast.
>
> John Briggs

> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]

to: [log in to unmask]