Apologies for cross posting:

Head of the Department of Media and Communication (Professorship available)
Coventry School of Art and Design, Coventry University, UK

Grade: 10
Salary Range: £56,097 - £71,070 per annum
Mode: full time
Term: Permanent

Ref no: CA14108

Committed to excellence and passionate about the arts, design and media,
Coventry School of Art and Design is a community of practitioners,
scholars and researchers, with networks across the globe, and a heritage
of quality built over 150 years.

The School is characterised by its deep commitment to practice and
‘learning by doing’, and its long-standing connections to the creative
professions and industries which our graduates work within and shape. We
are proud of our distinctive emphasis on the use of both old and new
technologies and the interface between the hand-made and the digital.

Coventry School of Art and Design graduates are leaders across their
fields, achieving high profile roles and careers across Art, Design,
Media and Performance.

We are looking for an outstanding individual who will lead the
development of this exciting and innovative Department, and will shape
the future direction of Media and Communication at Coventry University.

The department delivers courses in media production, media and
communication, journalism, advertising and photography, and is housed in
the Ellen Terry building (a converted cinema) alongside the Department
of Performing Arts. The successful applicant will have both a high level
of academic and/or equivalent professional experience and the vision and
energy to lead and inspire both staff and students.

This job is unlikely to attract a work permit. Applications from
candidates who require a permit to work in the UK may not be considered
if there are a sufficient number of other suitable candidates.

Closing date: 9th January 2009

For further details or to download an application form please visit our
website: http://www.coventry.ac.uk/d/1198/$/a/5093
If you don't have internet access, please telephone the recruitment team
on 024-7688-8120 or 024-7688-8130, or email <[log in to unmask]>

--
Gary Hall
Professor of Media and Performing Arts

New book: Digitize This Book!